I’ve updated roster based on who appeared or has contacted me about playing. Based on the number of athletes playing several roster adjustments have been made. Two out of the original Softball League dates have been confirmed with locations.
Click to Open: Softball 19 Season
Our new golf season is upon us, with several changes to this event.
- New Area Director Brian Talario has added a regional event this year. Do to time restrains, this Regional event will be held on back to back nights. Flyers will tee off on Wednesday, September 18th, @ 5:00 pm. While the rest of the South Central Area athletes will tee of on Thursday, September 19th. This is due to the size of our Flyers Golf team and the golf course only having 9 holes available to us due to other events at the course.
- The State Golf Tournament will also take on a two round format, either back to back nights, or an early afternoon tee time or evening tee time. Format has not been confirmed at this time.
Click to Open Golf Handout: Golf Flyers 19
Batter Up, it’s time for Softball.
Please review the attached file for all the season details.
Click to Open: Softball 19
Cessna Activity Center Diamond: Practice diamond layout
Air Capital Flyers Used Purple Polo Shirts.
Adult Sizes: Small – Medium – Large – XL – 2Xl – 3XL
Contact Margie Lopez: 817-528-2598
These are the purple polo shirts athletes wore for Opening Ceremonies when we attended State Basketball in Hays, worn but seldom worn.
Dear Air Capital Flyers and Families,
We have been looking for different fundraisers for the AC Flyers program.
We are excited to announce that beginning January 2018, we will begin a new monthly fundraiser serving breakfast the first Saturday of the month at the Oaklawn Community Center. Our immediate need is for anyone who would like to serve on the breakfast committee. This committee will coordinate volunteers, spread the word, and work on donations. Linda Hingst is going to be our breakfast coordinator. You may contact Linda at 316-796-9976 or firstname.lastname@example.org you would like to serve on the breakfast committee.
Each Flyer or family will be expected to volunteer one Saturday every six months. It will take approximately 6 adult volunteers and 4 Flyers per Saturday to cook, cashier, set up, serve and clean up.
Once our committee has been established, we will be notifying everyone who to contact as to what date you would like to sign up to help.
We are hoping that all Flyers will spread the word to their friends and family of this new fundraiser and invite them to come enjoy our breakfast.
Abigail Beckman’s volunteer story involving the Air Capital Flyers coaches will air December 20th on KMUW, 89.1. It will air several times throughout the day: 5:44 a.m., 7:44 a.m., 9:44 a.m. and again at 4:50 p.m. KMUW will also have a web post published that will have the audio and a text version of the story at www.kmuw.org .
Dillon’s Community Rewards –
The Air Capital Flyers Special Olympics team has been approved for the Dillon’s Community Rewards program. Fund-raising for the Air Capital Flyers could not be easier, Sign up to reward your points to the team by going on line at www.dillons.com and then simply swipe your Plus Shopper’s Card while shopping at your local Dillon’s.
How The Flyers Organization Earns:
• Simply encourage your members to register their Shopper Card online at https://www.dillons.com, using your organization name and/or NPO number. (37839)
• Purchase accumulations begin on February 1, 2015. After this date, individual purchases will begin counting towards your organization within 7-10 business days of registering the individual Shopper Card on-line.
• Every time a member shops for groceries and swipes their card, your organization automatically starts earning a rebate.
What Your Organization Earns
Dillons will pay up to $500,000 per cycle to participating organizations based on their percentage of spending as it relates to the total spending of all participating Dillons Community Rewards organizations.
Step by step instructions for those that might need them…
Go to www.dillons.com
Click on Community, then Community Rewards
Sign In or create your account if you have not.
Click Enroll Now
Under the Enter Your Organization number or or at least 3 letter of your organization name, enter 37839
Click the circle next to: Air Capital Flyers – Special Olympics Ks 37839
The screen will pop up to your Account information, scroll down to the Community Rewards sections. The Air Capital Flyers – Special Olympics KS label should appear.
Thank you everyone that suggested we contact the Dillon’s Community Rewards, and all of you who sign up at Dillons.com with the Air Capital Flyers.